Monday, April 7, 2008

When it rains...it pours!

Last night before I went to bed I was checking on my podcast site that stores all the MP3 files that I link to for the audio on this blog site. In my zeal to get to a particular download I must have hit the delete function and guess what - I wiped out over 1 gig of audio files!
No, No, No I said in my mind this morning when I went to the site and figured out what had happened.

So I decided to go back and reattach all the files from my external back up hard drive. This is a Maxtor 500 gig external hard drive. I mean this thing is a beast and I have put so much information on it. Well as I started to retrieve some of my mp3 files I notice that my external hard drive started to beep. The kind of beeping that a dump truck does when it goes in reverse. I was having a problem getting some information so I cut off the computer and restarted. You may find this hard to believe but the external hard drive crashed, yes I said CRASHED!(See photo for reaction)

I was on customer support for over 2 hours and this thing is terminal. How ironic is that, the very drive that I used to back up all the information so if my regular drive crashed I could have a backup, well now that has crashed. Does this mean that I need to have a back up for my back up? Lot's of pictures and mp3 files are in that external drive somewhere but as of now they are useless. At first I was bummed but then I thought God is sovereign over computers, megabytes and hard drives. It is easy to teach on the sovereignty of God but then you have to be willing to rest in it as life happens. I love the way the Lord Jesus teaches through the trials as if to say, you can teach it, but can you live it!
Yes, when it rains...it pours but it is God who brings the rain and works it all to the good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.