Wednesday, September 26, 2007

It's craziness, it's nuts!


The first ministry job I ever had was at Calvary Church. There was a great gal, Cathy Overcash who used to come by my office and as I would ask how it was going her standard reply was "it's craziness, it's nuts!" (must be done with a pure Southern drawl). Anyway that is how life feels right now as Nancy and I try to reorient our lives. We have been overcome in the last month since the close of our church with many decisions. I am loving the men's Bible study that we have at 6 AM on Monday mornings which has been titled "Knowing Him and making Him known." There is good discussion, homework assignments and I am able to challenge these guys with the truths of Scripture.
We have so much going on at the house with washing windows, cleaning gutters, changing out air conditioning units, tinting windows, a dog that is on reconcile, trying to determine next spot in ministry, daughter coming home this weekend, Nancy at a cabby party, me setting up meetings for the next few weeks and yes, planning to pick up new boat trailer. The only way I can describe our life right now is "it's craziness, it's nuts!"