Wednesday, October 17, 2007

If you want a fantastic seminary experience...

I have really enjoyed the last 18 months of attending C.I.U. The staff (people like James Wilson) and professors like Dr. Larry Dixon, Dr. John Harvey, Dr. Don Howell and Dr. Brad Mullin are all great and I feel especially blessed to be part of this fine university. The last four years of my life have been crazy busy, emotional, spiritually draining, challenging and some of the most fulfilling experiences of my life. One of those great experiences has been my time at Columbia International University. I spent some time today on the phone with my academic advisory Dr. John Harvey. We had a good discussion about a plan for me to take all my Greek classes over the next two years. I want to dedicate most of my time and energy to getting fluent in the use of my Greek New Testament. The only way is to dive in full force and that is what I am preparing to do. The following schedule is what Dr. Harvey recommended:
1. Use the time between now and mid-January to work back over the materials
for Greek 1 in order to get back up to speed.

2. Register for Greek 2 independent (DO) in Spring 2008: Jan 29 - Aug 16.

3. Register for Greek 3 independent (DO) in Fall 2008: Aug 19 - Feb 15.
You would need to finish by mid-January in order to be ready to register
for Greek 4 in Spring 2009.

4. Register for Greek 4 independent (DO) in Spring 2009: Jan 27 - Aug 14.

5. Resume other courses in Fall 2009.

I have already taken and passed Greek 1 but this language is such that
when you step away from it for a few months, you almost need a refresher.
Also have a good friend and fellow pastor Greg Smith that has taken time
to give me some great advice in this process.