Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Feeling froggy...then leap!

Hey if you feeling froggy why not leap into the Bible. I read this morning in Mark Chapter 1 where Jesus preached "repent and believe." That brought to mind two questions:
1. Repent of what? and
2. Believe what?

In Romans 3:23 it says we all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Whenever God is not valued and treasured above other things then the Bible calls that sin. How many times in my life have I valued my reputation, my recreation, my career more than the Lord Jesus? The word repent in the Greek means to change one's mind. We need to change our minds about sin which means turn from and go the other way. But when we go the other way what are we going to? We need to run into the arms of the Lord Jesus to first take away our sin and then to carry, help, encourage and strengthen us for our tasks in every day life. The word believe in this sense means to trust, lean or to depend on Christ.

So if you are feeling froggy why not leap into the arms of the Lord Jesus for all who call on His name will be saved!