Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Fast Food Devotions

Food for thought: One definition that Merriam Webster gives the word Devotion is "the fact or state of being ardently dedicated and loyal". The synonyms for devotion are fidelity, allegiance, fealty, and loyalty. These words mean faithfulness to something to which one is bound by pledge or duty.
If we were to spend 1 minute a day with our spouses or children would it be right to describe ourselves as devoted spouses, loyal parents, or faithful partners? Of course not, so why is it that we can think that 1 minute with God is devotion to or with Him? from A Little Leaven blog site


Are you kidding me or what? We as have 10,080 minutes every week and now we are going to devotion with God for 1 minute. OK let's do some basic math. If I take 1% of my 10,080 minutes per week that will equate to spending 15 minutes per day with the Lord Jesus. Folks that is 1% of my time and yet I proclaim to love God with all my heart, soul, mind and spirit. A one minute per day devotion with God like I said before - are you kidding me?