Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Joel Osteen is a religious Stuart Smalley

Chris Rosebrough from Extreme Theology is a talented podcaster and blog writer. I have never met him personally but really enjoy the work that he is doing for the mainstream orthodox evangelicals. I know those words mean different things to different people. But just listen to this podcast and you will know exactly what I mean. He takes and evaluates Joel Osteen's newest book as it relates to the Christian life. I mean wouldn't you think the pastor of America's largest church is going to give advice about the Christian life? Well all you need to do is see a SNL skit with Stuart Smalley and you basically will have Joel Osteen's message. Here it is "I look good and act good and dog gone it people like me."

Here is the podcast that I got from Chris's blog site. If you want to listen to the whole thing then click on this LINK.