Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Devotion in Ezkiel

This past week I have been reading in the book of Ezekiel. Do you know the most commonly repeated phrase in this book? It is the phrase "I am the LORD." Actually it occurs 67 times, more than any other book in the Old Testament. Ezekiel was written during Israel's exile to Babylonian. These were difficult days for the people of God and the message God gave through Ezekiel to the people was "I am the LORD." When Moses was hesitant about going back to Egypt to speak with God's people, he asked God who shall I say sent me? And God said to Moses "tell them I AM sent you." Folks, do we know how many problems would be immediately solved in the church today by really knowing He is the great I AM. God in essence was saying to them and He is saying to us I AM your comforter, I AM your protector, I AM your wisdom, I AM your peace, I AM your helper, I AM your provider, I AM your life. What need, what problem, what concern might you have right now? God is saying trust Me, depend on Me for I AM the great I AM.