Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Justification and Sanctification

Here is a quick review on the differences between justification and sanctification:

Justification refers to my status;
Sanctification to my state.

Justification is about God's attitude toward me changing;
Sanctification is about God changing me.

Justification is about how God looks on me;
Sanctification is about what he does in me.

Justification is about Christ dying for my sins on the cross;
Sanctification is about Christ at work in me by the Holy Spirit changing my life.

Justification - Sanctification
  • Legal Standing - Internal condition
  • Once for all time - Continuous throughout life
  • Entirely God's work - We cooperate
  • Perfect in this life - Not perfect in this life
  • Same in all Christians - Greater in some than in others