Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Is your Bible study a key priority in life?

There is no way to sugar coat this subject. A Christian will be no closer to Christ than they are to His word. In my years in ministry I have heard all the excuses given as to why people can't read and study their Bibles. Vance Havner once said that an excuse is the skin of a lie stuffed with a reason! The fact remains people don't read and study their Bibles because it is not a priority in their lives. People have accused me over the years of sounding harsh and judgmental in my preaching on this subject. But am I being unnecessarily critical or are these true facts about most of those in the church today? I am after the "why" - why don't more people take seriously the study of God's word? May I encourage you to watch this video clip.
__________________________________________________________________
Also I am including this short audio clip on the importance in church history of making God's word a key and vital priority. Click on this LINK.
__________________________________________________________________