Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hamilton Jordan dies at 63

I was an only child and Hamilton was like my older brother while I was growing up in Albany, GA. His parents Dick and Adelaide Jordan were some of my parents best friends. While I was in college Hamilton was in the White House. And over the years we played a lot of basketball and tennis together. The thing I will always remember most about Hamilton was his great sense of humor. He had the art of "cutting you down" in a way that could make you laugh at yourself. It wasn't done in a mean way but it was just his style. He has an older brother whose name is Lawson and a young sister whose name is Helen. Over the years we lost contact but have always remained one of my fondest childhood memories as one of those people who really encouraged me along the way. Nancy to this day still has the hand written recipe for chocolate pecan pie (see below) that his mother would make on holidays and special occasions. I just happened to catch this story on the internet and wanted to put this up on the blog site in honor of my "big-brother."